What should not have seen on this platform:
- Vendor proprietary protocol (eg. CDP)
- Discovery protocol (eg. LLDP, MNDP)
- VLAN/trunking protocol (eg. VTP, DTP, GVRP)
- Spanning Tree protocol (eg. PVST+, RSTP. Rapid PVST+, MSTP)
- Interior routing protocol (eg. OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP)
- L2 Keepalives
- ICMPv6 Neighbor Discovery - Router Advertisement
- PIM-SM, PIM-DM
- Other link-local traffic
It is a separated VLAN on the platform which will be using
- as the staging VLAN : when new customers just connect to the switch
- for troubleshooting : the monitoring server (sniffer) can sniff all the traffic including broadcast, multicast and unknown frames to analyse what is the cause of the problem.
It also contains testing Route servers being identical to the production ones which can help customer adjust the BGP announcement before going to the production VLAN.
21 July 2021 | Posted by Admin